10 Bizarre ways to lose weight without exercising
Let’s not kid ourselves. Everyone has at least once, or is still, looking for a quick way to lose weight without having to exercise. Exercise is for sissies! When it comes to weight loss, the amount of calories you take in has a greater impact on your chances of losing weight than exercise.
We’ve done a bit of research ourselves and discovered some of the most bizarre ways you can lose weight without having to exercise.
- Choose the right spot at the dinner table – Psychologist, Stephen Gullo (famous diet guru), theorises that those who sit at the centre of the dinner table are most likely to dish something of everything such as potato, bread, beans, meat etc because it’s the most accessible. So, sit as far away from those serving dishes as possible and you’re well on your way to losing weight.
- Start eating at home more – Avoid those takeaways, especially during lunchtime. Instead, make your own meals in bulk and freeze some for lunch.
- Eat more beans, or Mexican food – Beans and rice are packed with fibre which does wonders in stabilising your levels of sugar in blood. Research shows that eating beans and rice can reduce your risks of becoming overweight by 14%.
- Don’t skip breakfast – Just because you eat one less meal a day, it doesn’t mean you’re going to lose weight. On the contrary, skipping breakfast will only bring on intense munchies.
- Speaking of breakfast, opt for muesli – A Swiss physician developed muesli to nourish his patients in hospital. Consuming soluble fibre can help reduce your cholesterol levels by up to 10% and it’s fantastic for your digestive system.
- Eat a bigger lunch – At breakfast you should eat like a king, at lunch you should eat like a queen and at dinner, well at dinner you should just eat something small, okay? Increase the size of your lunch in order to keep yourself fuller before dinner time.
- Explore the magical properties of turmeric in your food – Turmeric or “curcumin” has the ability to suppress fat tissue development. Turmeric is a fantastic way to lose weight naturally and healthily so give it a try.
- Opt for a cup of rooibos instead – If you can manage to cut out 100 calories of sugary drinks and foods per day, you can lose up to 4 kgs per year! It’s simple, stick to tea instead.
- Smell the peppermint – Peppermint benefits you in the department of dental care, skin care, hair care, digestion, nails, pain and more. Before eating your meal, you can sniff some peppermint to reduce your feelings of hunger.
- Eat from a coloured dish – Eating from the right coloured dish can increase your chances of losing weight. Apparently, choosing to eat from a red plate can lower your feeling of appetite as red is a cautionary sign. Avoid eating out of colours such as white, blue or green. This must be by far the strangest way to lose weight.
Have you tried anything odd to lose weight? Share your ideas with us.
Want to create a new you? Check out these healthy living tips for the new year.
Subscribe here for more healthy tips and regular updates